At Opportunity@Work, our values are at the core of what we do. Our staff is committed to the Opportunity@Work Statement of Values:
We act on our belief in the potential of all people:
- We believe opportunity should exist for all people to achieve upward economic and social mobility.
- We are committed with resilience to equity, inclusion, diversity, and equal access.
- We prioritize advancing these values through the proactive recognition of different experiences and backgrounds with all stakeholders.
We are humble and persistent:
- We start from a place of trust and respect, assuming the best intentions in others.
- We celebrate learnings from successes, failures, and surprises, in order to constantly improve.
We are honest and courageous in pursuit of our mission:
- We say what we mean in an effort to hold ourselves and others accountable to the people we serve.
- We encourage our team to take risks and surface our failures.
- We get stuff done by being flexible, simple, and decisive.
We empower, equip and expect our people to do their best work:
- We communicate clearly and are transparent in our decisions, processes, and learnings.
- We trust our people with decisions and actions to advance our mission.
- We follow through on our commitments.
We invest in our people:
- We put people over process, making policies and systems as flexible and simple as our mission allows.
- We proactively advocate for and value one another’s personal well-being and professional development.
- We set our people up for growth and success.